The TPI Corporation FHK212-1CA portable electric infrared heater has a freestanding steel enclosure that is double-layered to help keep outer surface cool for safety, has wire screens for protection of the heating element, and an infrared element that produces radiant heat appropriate for spot heating of small rooms and work areas. The infrared element is housed in a U-shaped steel sheath for protection against vibration. The reflector is made of gold anodized aluminum that helps provide efficient transfer of radiant energy into the room or workspace in a 60-degree symmetrical heat pattern. The 1.8kW heater heats up to 25/36 square feet (below/above 35 degrees) of non-protected area, or 40/50 square feet of a semi-protected area (below/above 35 degrees). The single-phase, 120V wiring includes a power cord with a grounded plug, is compatible with some standard circuits and requires ground fault protection. The unit weighs 18 lb. and can be used with temperature controls (sold separately).
Electric heaters generate warmth through a central heating element that is housed in a reflective enclosure that concentrates the energy produced. An element made of a combination of metals produces heat or infrared energy by the electrical resistance created when an electric current passes through it. Fan-forced heaters pass air over the heating element to expel heat from the enclosure for greater throw and circulation. Radiant heaters do not use a fan, but warm nearby objects through energy transfer. A heater’s voltage and wiring should be matched to the electrical circuit where it is to be used. Heaters are used in a range of commercial applications that include shop floors, construction sites, and industrial buildings. All local electrical codes should be followed when installing permanent mounted electric heating equipment.
- Radiant heater appropriate for spot heating of small rooms and work areas
- Infrared heating element helps provide greater energy efficiency than forced air heaters, with steel sheath for protection against vibration
- Freestanding steel enclosure is double-layered to help keep outer surface cool for safety, and has wire screens for protection of the heating element
- Reflector and end caps made of gold anodized aluminum for efficient radiant energy transfer
- Single-phase, 120V wiring includes a power cord with a grounded plug and is compatible with some standard circuits