As a locations manager, you understand the importance of a well-prepared set. Producing captivating and memorable films is more than just creative storytelling and exceptional acting. One crucial, yet often overlooked aspect of filmmaking is having the right locations equipment to support your film set. Plus One Rentals has the advice and equipment you need, whether your production is a small independent film, or a large scale production.
Vital locations equipment for a successful filming day.
You’ve been scouting for the perfect locations and they’re all locked in. Now it’s time to plan what you’ll need to not only protect those locations, but have the equipment on hand you’ll need to keep the day running smoothly. Check out our list of essential locations equipment to help get you started.
- Signs and cones. Every locations person has a special relationship with cones. You may even have an Emotional Support Cone. It’s safe to assume you’re going to need a lot of cones and signage while on location.
- Floor protection. This is especially important if your set happens to be an historic building, or someone’s personal home. You’ve got to protect that floor, and keep everyone happy! We recommend having at least one case of interlocking rubber tiles on hand.
- Folding tables. If you don’t have tables on filming day, you’re going to have a bad time. You’ll need tables to put your makeup mirrors on, and other departments will thank you for having extra tables to shift around. Your crew and actors will also need places to eat, right? Bottom line, you need folding tables on set.
- Hair and makeup mirrors. How are your stars supposed to get ready without makeup mirrors? Your makeup artists will also thank you for including at least one to two mirrors for the shoot.
- Director’s chairs. Speaking of makeup mirrors! We recommend at least one tall and one short director’s chair for each hair and makeup station. Tall chairs are great for doing makeup and the short chairs are the perfect height for doing Be sure to get enough to cover all your principal talent and background actors!
- Wardrobe rack. Hair and Makeup will once again be praising your name if you have wardrobe racks on your list of locations equipment. If space and travel is a big concern, look no further than our collapsible racks! If heavy duty performance is what you need, z-racks will be essential to your success.
- Sound blankets. Sound blankets, furniture pads, whichever terminology you prefer, you’ll need them to prevent set dec from destroying the walls while moving furniture around on your set.
- Carpet protector. Got muddy feet? Get out! Just kidding, that’s what our carpet protector is for! It’s like the rain never even happened! Carpet protector is the perfect piece of locations equipment for when you need to cover carpet you don’t want to get dirty.
- Pop-up tents. Pop-up tents and filming on location go together like peanut butter and jelly. We recommend having at least two 10×10 pop-up tents with sides and sandbags.
Planning to film in the DMV area? Contact Plus One Rentals for your locations equipment needs.
Plus One Rentals is your ultimate partner for providing state-of-the-art equipment to elevate your film production experience. Our knowledgeable team will assist you in selecting the perfect gear for your project’s unique requirements. As a one-stop solution, we also offer comprehensive support, ensuring you have everything you need to make Locations Manager Of The Year. After all, Plus One was started by locations crew so we know the industry inside and out!